Driven by the dwindling resources of fossil fuels and growing environmental pollution, E-Mobility is increasingly gaining in importance. Whether a plug-in hybrid or a fully fledged electric vehicle: automotive manufacturers are having to find alternatives to the conventional combustion engine. They must be powerful, reliable, and safe. Critical features include interference-free interaction with the on-board electronics, resistance to environmental influences such as humidity, salt, and extreme temperatures, and resistance to vibrations and knocks.
In addition to interference-free interaction with the on-board electronics (EMC, electromagnetic compatibility), the battery must also be reliable, chargeable, and robust.
Electrically-driven vehicles should be subject to the same conditions as gasoline-driven vehicles. Changing weather conditions, rain, and strong temperature fluctuations are simulated during temperature and climatic tests.
The range of tests also includes corrosion and noxious gas testing where the battery is subject to an artificial aging process. Salt as it occurs in sea air for example or gritting can attack the housing and therefore impair the performance and safety of the battery.
Long before they are used, batteries are subject to constant vibrations and knocks - e.g., during transport and loading. Later after installation in the vehicle, vibrations from the road surface and knocks can be expected such as those caused by driving over cobblestones or the curb.
All of these influences should not impair the performance or service life of the battery. These relevant parameters are tested and evaluated meticulously under the strictest safety conditions in our battery test laboratory. State-of-the-art test equipment enables precise setting of the influential factors according to test specifications and acquires the measured data at any time with the highest precision in order to generate qualified test results according to your requirements.
From the simple cell and the module to intelligent complete systems - numerous renowned customers benefit from our expertise and advanced knowledge.
- Temperature and climate cabinets (1.5 / 4 / 15 m³) with option for electrical cycling of the test objects
- Electrodynamic oscillation test systems with temperature testing
- Shielding cabins and anechoic chambers for EMC measurement
- Salt spray chests and noxious gas testing systems
- Comprehensive test-specific safety technology
- Electrical operation with up to 600 V for battery systems
- Electrical operation with up to 100 V for battery modules
- Test object control and monitoring via CAN
- Temperature control systems for imitating internal cooling circuits
- Devices for measuring the AC internal resistance and the insulation resistance