- Reducing consumption and working more efficiently with available
resources are increasingly important considerations for the automotive industry. Faced with
the likelihood of stricter new exhaust gas regulations, the topic of electrifying the
drive train and E-Mobility becomes even more important.
- The lithium-ion battery is the central storage system for future drive concepts,
both for vehicles with hybrid drives or range extenders as well as for purely
- A large number of sophisticated tests are required for the lithium-ion batteries.
For environmental simulation and EMC tests, Phoenix Testlab has one of the most significant and
technologically advanced competence centers in this field. We test
batteries for their performance and stability under defined marginal conditions.
Automotive - battery test laboratory
Accreditations: DIN EN ISO/IEC 17025 and DIN EN 45011
Certifications: DIN EN ISO 9001 and DIN EN ISO 14001
In addition to interference-free interaction with the on-board electronics (EMC, electromagnetic compatibility), the battery must also be reliable, chargeable, and robust.
Electrically-driven vehicles should be subject to the same conditions as gasoline-driven vehicles. Changing weather conditions, rain, and strong temperature fluctuations are simulated during temperature and climatic tests.
The range of tests also includes corrosion and noxious gas testing where the battery is subject to an artificial aging process. Salt as it occurs in sea air for example or gritting can attack the housing and therefore impair the performance and safety of the battery.
Long before they are used, batteries are subject to constant vibrations and knocks - e.g., during transport and loading. Later after installation in the vehicle, vibrations from the road surface and knocks can be expected such as those caused by driving over cobblestones or the curb.
All of these influences should not impair the performance or service life of the battery. These relevant parameters are tested and evaluated meticulously under the strictest safety conditions in our battery test laboratory. State-of-the-art test equipment enables precise setting of the influential factors according to test specifications and acquires the measured data at any time with the highest precision in order to generate qualified test results according to your requirements.
From the simple cell and the module to intelligent complete systems - numerous renowned customers benefit from our expertise and advanced knowledge.
- Temperature and climate cabinets (up to 15 m³) with option for electrical cycling of the test objects
- Electrodynamic oscillation test systems with temperature testing
- Salt spray chests and noxious gas testing systems
- Shielding cabins and anechoic chambers for EMC measurement
- Electrical operation with up to 600 V for battery systems
- Electrical operation with up to 100 V for battery modules
- Test object control and monitoring via CAN
- Temperature control systems for imitating internal cooling circuits
- Comprehensive test-specific safety technology
- Devices for measuring the AC internal resistance and the insulation resistance