Phoenix Testlab is officially recognized as a Notified body MED (Marine Euqipment Directive) by the Federal Maritime and Hydrographic Agency (BSH) for products of the navigation equipment and radio equipment. The MED regulates the procedure of approval for marine equipment on ships under European flags.
If your product is listed under the Marine Equipment Directive, it is subject to a conformity assessment procedure, which includes the approval by a Notified Body.
The approved marine equipment can be installed and used on any ship under an EU flag without further national authorization. The manufacturer can affix the wheel icon ( "Wheel Mark") as a mark of conformity.
According to the MRA (Mutual Recognition Agreement) between the EU and the US, the Notified Body Phoenix Testlab may also grant an approval number of the United States Coast Guard (USCG). Another approval process by the USCG in the US is no longer necessary. For radio-technical equipment is an additional approval by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) of the United States necessary, which can also be issued by Phoenix Testlab.
Manufacturer of products for maritime applications benefit from the experience and expertise of Phoenix Testlab:
- As an accredited testing laboratory for EMC, Environmental Simulation, Radio and Electrical safety
- As a Notified Body MED for navigation and radio equipment, including United States Coast Guard (USCG) approval for navigation equipment
- As a Telecommunication Certification Body (TCB) for the Federal Communications Commission (FCC). Approval of radio equipment on ships.
- As Approved Testing Laboratory of DNV GL
- As a DNV GL Sublab of the US Coast Guard for Ballast Water Treatment Systems (EMC and Environmental Simulation)
- As a close partner of all major classification societies for shipbuilding Classification